You will require this information when you wish to edit a 'Publications' tile.
Step-by-step guide to editing the 'Publications tile'
- Navigate to the profile that you would like to update the content of (ensure that you are logged in, and have the appropriate editing rights).
- Ensure the profile has had at least one sync with Symplectic (if no publications are showing, it has probably not been synced with Symplectic). To carry out the sync (which must be done when to each new profile added to the website), see the instructions below titled 'For site administrators - ad-hoc publications sync'.
- Click the 'Edit content' button on the top right of your profile.
- Click the 'Edit' button that appears when you hover your mouse over the publications tile.
- You will see the edit pop up with the following fields:
- 'Key publications' - Select your most important publications by using the 'Search for publications' search box. Start typing to see the items appearing.
'Manage my key publications locally on my profile' - The checkbox for this will be ticked by default. If the checkbox is ticked, you will need to define your key publications manually by selecting the publications in the search field above. If you would like to manage your publications through the external source of publications from your website (e.g. Symplectic), uncheck the box, and click save on the tile. There is a bulk action to turn this functionality on or off for all profiles on a Haiku website in the Site setup in the 'Haiku profiles' configuration.
Please note that the first time that you activated the functionality to manage the key publications externally, this will NOT clear any publications that are currently defined as 'Key' on the tile. Your Key publications will be updated to use the publications flagged in the external source the next time the Haiku site is synced with the external source. If it is important for you to sync the profile more immediately than this, get in touch with your site administrator who is able to sync the publications on your profile in an ad-hoc way.
'Number of key publications to show' - Use this field to define the number of key publications that will show.
'Show Altmetric score for key publications' - Check this box to show the altmetric score for the publications on the tile.
- 'Recent publications title' - Enter the title that you would like for the recent publications on the tile.
- 'Number of recent publications to show' - Use this field to define the number of recent publications that will show, before a read more link is shown.
- 'Show Altmetric score for recent publications' - Check this box to show the altmetric score for the publications on the tile.
- Click 'Save' to ensure that any updates you have made to the tile are saved.
For site administrators - ad-hoc publications sync
If you require to sync the publications for a specific profile on an ad-hoc basis, you are able to do so. To do this:
- Navigate to the profile that you would like to sync the publications for (ensure that you are logged in with 'Site administrator' permission level).
- Click on the 'Actions' drop-down menu in the edit bar at the top of the page.
- Select 'Sync publications'
- This will run a task to sync the publications for the profile, to ensure that they are up to date.
- If the profile has a large number of publications associated with it, you may see a time out error appear on your screen. This is only showing to you and not impacting the performance or view of the website/profile for anyone else. Please refresh the page and you will see the publications beginning to appear.
Activating externally managed publications for all profiles
You will require this information when you would like to activate or deactivate the externally managed publications for all profiles on your Haiku website.
Step-by-step guide to activating/deactivating externally managed publications for all profiles:
- Navigate to the Site Setup (ensure that you are logged in, and have Site Administrators permission).
- Select the 'Haiku profiles' option
- At the bottom of the form are the 'Profile management tasks', where you will see two options:
- 'Manual key publications' - Run this action to configure publication tile of all profiles in the site to manage the profile's favourite publications manually within the publication tile.
- 'External key publications' - Run this action to configure publication tile of all profiles in the site to manage profile's favourite publications externally e.g. via Symplectic.
- Running either of these tasks can take some time if you have a large number of profiles on your website.