This is the information that you will need when you first create a cover page.
How to create a cover page:
- Navigate to your website homepage and log in.
- Click 'Add New' in the editors bar at the top of the page
- Select 'Cover page'
- You will then be taken to the 'Add Cover Page' edit interface.
- You will initially land on the 'Default' tab where you will have the following options available:
- Fill in the 'Title' field, and 'Summary' if you wish. The 'Summary' will show in search listings and results.
- The next field 'Layout' allows you to select from some predefined layouts that have been created for you. These layouts simply provide a template for you to work with. You can change and manipulate the template as much as you like, so, if you don't know exactly how you want to page to look, do not worry. The only layout that has any tiles pre-created in it, is the 'Homepage: Research site' layout. This layout gives you a similar layout to the current Homepage template, and has some predefined tiles to automatically pull in the latest publications and the latest news. Alternatively, you can start with a completely blank canvas and select the 'Empty layout', which will give you a blank template to work with.
- The other tab is the 'Settings' tab:
- In the settings tab, you can 'Exclude from navigation' by checking the box. You will need to do this for the homepage, otherwise you will see another tab on the top level navigation. To access the cover page when it is hidden from the navigation, you can either use the direct URL, or you can go to the homepage of your website when logged in, and click on the 'Folder contents' item in the editors bar. This will take you to a list of all the sections in the website.
- You should then click 'Save' at the bottom of the page.
- You will then be taken to the 'Compose' screen of the cover page where you can begin creating your new page. Follow the instructions here: Creating a Cover Page layout